Saturday 27 October 2012

Well today was very much a day I've been looking forward to, as I was taking a couple of good mates, Kevin and Jason to a little syndicate which holds a variety of fish with a lot of mystery thrown in on sizes and in some cases stock amounts.
This is a beautiful bit of paradise that hardly sees another angler but today was crowded with five (including us) fishing!......9 times out of I have the complex to myself!
Anyway when I got in the car this morning (0700) the temp gage said it was a heady 1.5 fahrenheit, with a cold NW wind blowing.....great I thought, I had not seen these guys for a couple of years and so wanted them to catch, as I had watched plenty of pike during the summer feeding so had high hopes for both of them to get a few runs .......but in these conditions..hmmmm!!
Anyway I let the guys have first pick of areas to fish as my guest its important they were happy in choosing a sport they had confidence in.


well Jason an I could not buy a take but Kev had a dropped run early on and about half an hour later this beastie appeared :

Well I'm not sure who was more pleased me or Kev
.....first fish from the water 16.8Ibs !!

To be honest I was using these guys,(in a nice way) as never having piked fish this lake before I used them as feelers and I looked at any fish as a bonus today so this day will go down as a success in my book!
I managed a small jack 2-3Ibs and a dropped run but will be down there again in the near future as have plans on catching not only pike but carp, as have this season been mostly carp fishing, and have decided on catching 20's of both species already had summer carp to 22.6Ibs....
       an to catch more like the two above would make my winter angling a real success!
Other aims include Large Perch (had a few already) but thats a subject for the future.

Poor ol Jas had not a take, but he's of the old school way of thinking (like me) an his day will come an just being on the bank in beautiful surroundings more then makes up for lack of fish. (I hope!)

Anyway anyone reading this dont expect to many technical bits or secrets given out most of my fish are hard earnt, and a lot of ground work is carried out to track down the secrets my waters hold, so please don't ask venue names etc as trust me no reply will be forthcoming!

Well a great day seeing some pals again an I must make sure it not two long before I meet up again.
I'm a funny guy when it come to my angling, as most (90%) is carried out on my own out of choice, reasons are simple I can go at odd times an leave when I want to, Many carp trips are 2'o'clock pm till 11'o'clock pm  and many other variables, I rarely fish long sessions nowadays, but try an fit in as many trips out as possible.
This year Carp have been my "bread an butter" an it's been a great summer, but I now want to begin to add pike to the list, fishing early morning sessions when my work starts in the afternoon.      

1 comment: